Austin, TX Birth Photography – Welcome Jonah!

To say I was thrilled to get the call from Lyndsay Stradtner to be a back up photographer for her birth is an understatement.  Michele of Pinkletoes was slated to be her primary photographer, with the exception of 1 weekend – the weekend her sister was getting married.  Since Lyndsay has never made it to full term before (let alone beyond) she wasn’t concerned about that.  Until the week before, when at 40+ weeks she still had not met her little man.  That’s when she contacted me.  Little old me.  So what do you do when one of the birth photography industry’s leading ladies asks you to photograph her birth?  And tells you she loves your work? Play it cool, man.  Of course by the end of the experience I felt very at ease around Lyndsay.  Even though our introductions happened literally 5 minutes before Jonah was born.  She has a beautiful family, darling children, and there was just so much love in their home.  I will treasure my opportunity to be a part of this birth just as with any other birth client, and am excited to have made a new friend!

28 Comments

1. by Tara on November 2, 2012  12:04 pm Reply

Beautiful! Brought tears to my eyes :)

2. by Sarah on November 2, 2012  12:27 pm Reply

Gorgeous!! I am in tears. Mom did great and you captured some amazing moments!

3. by Rebecca on November 2, 2012  12:27 pm Reply

Beautiful work, Leilani! I love the video, and I am sure Lyndsay and her family are going to treasure it!

4. by katie on November 2, 2012  12:46 pm Reply

Beautiful!! Love your point of view!! Especially during the birth, all the stills together were great!! Congrats!!

5. by Emily on November 2, 2012  1:03 pm Reply

Oh, wow. That totally made me cry. Beautiful story told with your photos!

6. by Jessica on November 2, 2012  3:06 pm Reply

Absolutely beautiful job.

7. by Kellie on November 2, 2012  4:01 pm Reply

Amazing, beautiful pictures! Congratulations to all! So excited for you Lei!

8. by Heather on November 2, 2012  4:14 pm Reply

These are so beautiful and such a testament to your talent with literally only seconds to get your bearings. It was a pleasure working with you, and I look forward to seeing you again very soon! Btw.... The pics totally moved me to tears.

• by Leilani Rogers on November 2, 2012  5:23 pm Reply

I'm so excited for our friend, Heather! Sounds like her body is getting ready, too! Thanks for your kind words.:)

9. by Jenifer on November 3, 2012  11:48 am Reply

Beautiful!!

10. by Sara on November 3, 2012  12:15 pm Reply

So beautiful!

11. by Marysol on November 3, 2012  2:35 pm Reply

I would have been so intimidated too! Way to play it cool, you did great!

12. by Jane Lee on November 3, 2012  2:49 pm Reply

I am Lyndsay's mom and was not able to be there for Jonah's birth. These pictures helped me share her birth experience. Leilani; you did a WONDERFUL job. You captured everything that was important; the pain of labor, Jason's steady support, the birth moment, Lyndsay's awe and love when she looks into Jonah's face for the first time, the curiosity of the kids, the new family of six getting to know one another, and Lyndsay and Jason's joy in their beautiful new son. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

13. by Rebecca Jeanne on November 3, 2012  3:01 pm Reply

I absolutely adore this family! The images are perfect. One of my top favs was of Ty with Jonah. Jason & Lyndsay - you are excellent parents and it shows in these images. <3

14. by Kristi on November 3, 2012  3:52 pm Reply

Your images captured Lyndsay and her family so beautifully! Tears of joy watching them welcome Jonah!!

15. by Tiffany on November 3, 2012  7:41 pm Reply

Just beautiful! Lyndsay is such a wonderful lady & you captured it perfectly. Brought tears to my eyes.

16. by Shelley on November 4, 2012  8:26 am Reply

It's as if we were all there to witness this beautiful miracle of life entering into this world... Happy birthday Jonah!

17. by Michelle on November 4, 2012  1:33 pm Reply

I'm a mess! So touching! Beautiful family, beautiful photos...sigh...a mess I tell you!

18. by Becky T. on November 5, 2012  10:15 am Reply

A.mazing! SO much emotion in those photos. You did wonderful!

19. by Nettie on November 5, 2012  11:42 am Reply

As always I am awed by your work, Lei! Your pictures share a beautiful story of love and joy. Welcome to the world, Jonah and congratulations to your family!

20. by Paula S. on November 5, 2012  9:15 pm Reply

Beautiful, beautiful work! The Stradners love radiates throughout these photos. Welcome to the world you blessed little boy!

21. by Natalie on November 11, 2012  12:24 am Reply

Great job Leilani! Great choice is music too... very moving.

22. by Carrie on November 11, 2012  5:35 pm Reply

What an amazing experience & so beautifully documented!!!

23. by Carol on November 11, 2012  7:36 pm Reply

You captured the essence of how beautiful a birth is!

24. by Heike on November 14, 2012  8:06 pm Reply

Leilani, you did a wonderful job. Beautiful emotions captured. Absolutely beautiful!

25. by Kristen Duke on December 4, 2012  1:47 pm Reply

SO beautiful, Leilani! I have to know...did you shoot any while in the shower on a stool? Love all the great angles and moments you captured of the birth, the baby, and the family love;)

• by Leilani Rogers on December 4, 2012  5:51 pm Reply

Thanks Kristen... Actually I was standing over her on the ledge of her tub for some shots!